Edit Transfer Rules with XMLMind XML Editor (XXE)
This editor gives you a nice graphical interface for creating your transfer rules as shown in this example:
Here's the steps you take to get it working:
- Install XXE. See instructions on this website. (This is the same editor used with XLingPaper)
- Extract the zip file ApertiumForXMLmind.zip to the %AppData%\XMLmind\XMLEditor5\addon folder. You can get to this target folder by pasting the previous %AppData... path into File Explorer.
- You will now need to clear the Quick Start cache. To do this, select Options > Preferences from the XXE menu. Select Advanced > Cached data and click the Clear button next to Quick Start cache.
- Then either
- Create a new Transfer Rule document (File->New->Apertium Transfer Rules Document->Minimal Rule Set) OR
- Use this initial transfer rule file transfer_rules.t1x OR
- Put this line in an existing transfer rule document:
<!DOCTYPE transfer PUBLIC "-//XMLmind//DTD transfer//EN" "transfer.dtd">
You are ready to start editing.
View the Bilingual Dictionary with XMLMind XML Editor (XXE)
Once you have XXE installed as shown above, you can view the bilingual.dix file by opening it in XXE. Set Windows to always use XXE to open it so that you merely have to double-click on the file. Here's a sample of what it looks like:
Edit the Replacement File for the Bilingual Dictionary with XMLMind XML Editor (XXE)
Once you have XXE installed as shown above, you can edit the replace.dix file by opening it in XXE. Here's a sample of what it looks like: