You are here
Builds a customized app from dictionary data for Android tablets and smartphones. You can take a lexicon or dictionary from FLEx or WESay or Lexique Pro, and build it into an app. The app contains all the data, it does not require internet access to work.
The app can contain pictures and audio links, and can permit searching and browsing for words.
Apps produced by Dictionary App Builder can be distributed via BlueTooth or microSD cards, or uploaded to an app store.
Reading App Builder helps you build customized apps for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. You can use it to make apps containing picture books, health and community development materials, song books, illustrated stories and libraries of easy-to-read books for new readers – each with the option of synchronizing text and audio, highlighting each phrase as it is read. The app menus, icon, splash screen and colors can all be customized for your language and culture.
All the content can be packaged into the app, so app users can have full access even without a live Internet...
Map Creator simplifies the creation of language-specific maps, charts, and diagrams for Bible lessons and world geography.
- 80 maps, charts, and diagrams for chronological Bible teaching and world geography
- Powerful editing features
- Create translatable maps, charts, diagrams, and timelines from your own images
- Runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and the most popular distributions of Linux
- User interface and predefined map content in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Indonesian
- Translate once: translations for ...
This add-on inserts linguistic examples into LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice documents. It reads XML files from FieldWorks and Toolbox.
Other features include:
- Data Conversion using SIL Converters.
- Manage the list of grammatical abbreviations in a document.
- Practice learning different scripts by typing.
A tool for publishing MP3 files on SD cards.
Why use Pub2SDwizard?
Just copying your MP3 files on to an SD card is easy enough, but:
What order do you wish them to play in?
- Since different devices and applications will sort them in different ways, how do you force them to play in the order you desire? - While a simple radio can play files from SD cards or USB sticks, the files will probably be sorted and played solely on their filenames. But mobile phones may sort the files on their creation or last modified date or other embedded metadata
Outdated: SIL says Translation Editor is now minimally supported. Use Paratext instead.
Translation Editor helps Bible translators edit and check Biblical text in a vernacular language.
In Translation Editor, members of a translation team can do any of the following:
- Edit Scripture text in almost any language of the world for which there are Unicode-based fonts, keyboards, and writing systems.
- Produce back translations for checking.
- Review drafts and insert notes.
- Use anthropological and lexical data in ...
PDF Booklet opens a PDF file and creates a new one that can be printed as a booklet. It has many functions for manipulating the pages of a PDF file. PDF Booklet can scale the pages so that they can be printed on a different page size. You can adjust the margins, add blank pages and print multiple booklets in one run.
If you wish to create an A5 booklet that is printed on A4 paper and folded PDF Booklet can arrange the pages so that they are printed with the last and first page on the same sheet. It's simple then to fold and staple to produce a booklet. However if you have a book...
Parser and Writer for Syntax
The Parser And Writer for Syntax Starter Kit is affectionately also called PAWS.
As the name of the starter kit indicates, the Parser and Writer for Syntax (PAWS) has two purposes and four outputs:
- The Writer produces a rough draft of a grammar of the syntax of your language, based on the answers to the questions in each section of PAWS. This output file is in XLingPaper xml format. (See https://software.sil.org/xlingpaper ...
LinguaLinks is a library of electronic resources (149 books and 223 journal issues) covering many topics in linguistics, sociolinguistics, literacy, language and culture learning, and translation. It has an extensive glossary and subject index
This is the same content as in the original LinguaLinks library, now made available on the Logos platform.
An audio editor that runs on all major platforms. It is oriented more toward music than phonetics and has only limited analysis tools. However, it can do noise reduction and has some useful editing tools, including the ability to modify individual samples and to change the amplitude envelope.