You are here
If you work in Paratext and use the Project Interlinearizer to create a word for word back translation of your text, Paratext remembers that data, and how you parse words so that it can automatically supply the glosses as you go along. But where is all the data from your hard work? What if you want to use that data to start a dictionary in the language?
This app converts the internal Paratext lexicon file (lexicon.xml) to a SFM (Standard Format Marker) lexicon file. This is a simple utility to get the Paratext lexicon into a format that can be imported into...
Bibledit is a multi-platform Bible editor, providing tools to the Bible translator.
- Native USFM text editor, several texts can be opened at once
- Project notes editor
- Chapter and book outline view
- Resizeable and moveable windows
- Easy application of styles
- Styles editor
- Selection and display of project notes by various parameters
- Online help
- Backup and restore
- Import and export
- Resources display
- Spelling check ...
Dekereke is a phonology search and data management tool.
Displays lexicons from Paratext interlinearizer in an easy searchable form.
What you can do with the list
Glossy shows you the quick lexicon generated from the interlinearizer.
- Search: Type anything in the search box at the top to search for it.
- Starts with: Type one letter to show only words starting with that letter.
- Sort: Click a column heading to search by that column.
- Find this: Click on any word to search for that word. ...
A program for checking and cleaning up a Toolbox lexicon. You can use SOLID to help prepare it for importing into FieldWorks or WeSay, or just verify the consistency of your data.
Paratext is a tool designed to help produce quality translations from the point of view of both format and content. It is the primary tool of Bible Translators worldwide.
FieldWorks consists of software tools that help you manage linguistic and cultural data. FieldWorks supports tasks ranging from the initial entry of collected data through to the preparation of data for publication, including:
- dictionary development
- interlinearization of texts
- cultural records
- bulk editing of many fields
- morphological analysis
This program keeps track of phonetic data either typed directly in or drawn from one or more data sources (Toolbox, Fieldworks Language Explorer, Speech Analyzer files with transcriptions). If sound files are included in the source data, the user can listen to them directly in Phonology Assistant. PA has many analytical features, such as
- Creates a phone inventory
- Compares relative frequencies of phones
- Computes syllable structures
- Generates phonotactic charts for all combinations of positions, phones, or features
- Finds minimal pairs and/ ...