Asheninka (a Syllable Parser) is a tool to explore using several different algorithms for parsing orthographic words into syllables. It can also insert discretionary hyphens in words. It is designed to work with any language whose orthography is roman-based.
Identify syllable structure templates and verify that the data corpus does not violate them
Dekereke is a phonology software tool.
The Phonology Template Editor and Search Tool was developed to assist with the phonological analysis of a Bantu language. The program:
- generates a phonology report;
- carries out various types of searches of phonetic data;
- serves as an interactive environment for writing and editing a phonology paper;
- generates an electronic publishable report (HTML formatted) from a generated phonology report;
- interfaces with Speech Analyzer;
- allows creation of user-defined phonology reports;
This program keeps track of phonetic data either typed directly in or drawn from one or more data sources (Toolbox, Fieldworks Language Explorer, Speech Analyzer files with transcriptions). If sound files are included in the source data, the user can listen to them directly in Phonology Assistant. PA has many analytical features, such as