February 20th, 2018: Audacity 2.2.2 Released
Audacity 2.2.2 replaces all previous versions.
New in Audacity 2.2.2:
Major new features – see updated manual for details:
- Easier zooming in and out with mousewheel, new Zoom Toggle command, and context menu for vertical rulers (thanks to James Crook)
- Easy access to change keyboard bindings of menu commands by holding Shift key
- Detection of dropout errors while recording with overburdened CPU
- Half-wave display option
Changed in Audacity 2.2.2:
- Improved contrasts in Light and Dark themes
- menu consolidates and menus that were introduced in the previous 2.2.1 release
- Several bugs/annoyances in 2.2.0 are now fixed, most importantly:
- Multiple use of “Save As” to the existing open project will not result in data corruption/loss
- Exporting audio in compressed formats to device with insufficient space will not produce inconsistent/truncated results
- Fuller details on the changes since 2.2.1 can be found in the 2.2.2 Release Notes.
Thanks to all involved in making this release, especially translators and testers who don’t normally get enough thanks for the work they do.