We are pleased to announce the release of Adapt It Mobile 1.12.0 for Android and iOS, available today through the Google Play store and Apple Store. Download links:
What’s New in Adapt It Mobile 1.12.0
Knowledge Base import/export enhancements
Adapt It Mobile can now import/export LIFT files, and can export SFM key term files (containing \lx and \ge markers) (#506, #509, #510). With this release, Adapt It can pre-populate the Knowledge Base for your translation projects from the following formats:
- Adapt It Desktop KB (.xml)
- Translation Memory Exchange (.tmx)
- Lexical Interchange Format (.lift)
- SFM key term file (.sfm or .txt)
Note that we do not recommend “round-tripping”–importing, updating, then exporting–for TMX and LIFT file formats. Adapt It Mobile is focused on translation between a single source and target language, and does not persist word definitions, etc., so this type of information would be lost when exporting.
New / updated embedded fonts
Adapt It Mobile now comes with 7 embedded fonts for a wider range of character support
- Gentium Plus
- Scheherazade New
- Source Sans Pro
You can select these fonts–or any other font installed on your mobile device–to properly display text during translation and translation checking. (#508)
Bug fixes / various enhancements
Fixed an issue where the OK and Cancel buttons were not visible on longer settings screens (#513).
For more information about this release, please visit our issue tracker.
- Adapt It Mobile does not currently support collaboration with other translation clients (e.g., with Paratext or other Adapt It Mobile machines). Documents must be imported, translated, and then exported for further processing by other translation clients. We will consider support for collaboration in a future release of Adapt It Mobile (issues #8, #11, #59).