You are here
Knowledge of the current recommended literacy software
Has mastered tools to address literacy and education needs.
The following activities have been identified to achieve comptency in Literacy Tools in levels from Learner to Expert.
Participate in literacy training event as a teaching assistant.
Prepare and teach literacy tools modules as part of a training event.
Lead or prepare a literacy tools training.
Lead literacy tools trainings for literacy tools training for literacy consultants.
Tasks relevant to Literacy Tools
- Primer: identify letters/graphemes to be taught
- Primer: determine teaching order of letters/graphemes
- Primer: teach pre-literacy skills
- Primer: teach pronunciation/phonics
- Primer: find decodeable words in text corpus/word lists
- Primer: determine if a text is decodeable
- Primer: teach handwriting skills
- Primer: select/use appropriate illustrations
- Primer: perform complex layout (e.g. letterboxes, handwriting frames)
- Primer: automate complex layout (e.g. macros)
- Easy reader: produce printed booklets
- Easy reader: produce apps
- Easy reader: produce eBooks
- Easy reader: insert images
- Easy reader: insert audio
- Easy reader: insert video
- Easy reader: synchronize text and audio
- Easy reader: translate from prepared shellbook templates
- Easy reader: determine/enforce text complexity or readability
- Produce learning games or learning incentives