You are here
Knowledge of the current recommended phonology software
Has mastered tools for doing phonological analysis and able to consult others in their use
The following activities have been identified to achieve comptency in Phonology Tools in levels from Learner to Expert.
Participate in phonology training event as a teaching assistant.
Prepare and teach phonology tools module as part of a training event.
Lead or prepare a phonology tool training event.
Lead phonology tools trainings for linguistics consultants.
Tasks relevant to Phonology Tools
- Find text corpus words in the lexicon
- Digitally record and play back utterances
- Transcribe audio/video with time-aligned annotations
- Identify all sounds in the phone inventory and disambiguate sequences
- Organize all phonemes into an inventory and identify contrasting pairs
- Analyze the data for syllable structure
- Organize a phonology sketch for publication
- Publish linguistic data in a structured way