You are here
What is Render?
Render is an oral Bible translation software developed and tested by three partnering agencies: Seed Company, Pioneer Bible Translators and Faith Comes By Hearing.
Translating with Render
Render is a software that guides oral communicators in producing oral Scripture for their own language group. One or more (up to four) audio recordings are pre-loaded into Render to act as references for a new translation. A translator or translation team listens to the source languages, translates orally into the target language and records the new translation in Render.
Stages in the Translation Process
- Listen to a Bible in a language the translator understands.
- Translator records the passage or bit of verse into his own language.
- Peer review-- other team members listen to draft recording.
- Draft recording is revised and re-recorded as needed.
- Community Testing-- Community groups listen to draft and record their comments about it.
- Translation team listens to the notes from community testing and make the changes they feel are appropriate.
- Consultant Check--Consultant uses an audio back translation. If requested the back translation can be transcribed. Notes can be transcribed for the consultant if requested.
- Translation team revises the recording based on input from the consultant.
- Acts as a workflow management system
- Incorporates all Bible translation roles
- Guides users with color-driven buttons
- Has an icon-based interface
- Is made for people with varying levels of:
- technological savvy
To see an explanation of the software and a demonstration:
Translation teams have to request permission to use Render. The following links give more information about that process:
The email contact for Render at Faith Comes by Hearing:
|License||Restricted (user must qualify)|