You are here
Info updated: 2022-10-09
Recording speakers of the world’s languages is fun and rewarding, but keeping all the resulting files and meta data organized? SayMore makes that part fun, too.
Record Project Data
Enter data about the project as whole, including funding, location, access rights, related publications, etc.
Attach documents that describe the project or how it was funded.
Organize Session Data
- Pull the day’s recordings directly off your camera or audio device, creating Session folders for each one.
- Enter meta-data about the event as a whole, and also for individual files.
- Add any kind of file related to the session, including audio and video recordings, photographs, & transcriptions. Keep using your preferred annotation tools, including Elan & Transcriber. Just use SayMore to keep it all organized.
- Single-click to rename a files according to a naming standard.
- View a media file right in SayMore, or launch an external application to work with it.
Organize People Data
- Enter information about session participants.
- Add evidence of informed consent, be it audio, video, or photographs or a signed form.
- Single-click to rename a file according to a naming standard.
Monitor Progress Towards Your Goals
- View charts and other statistics of your progress
Archive your data
- People working with archives that can ingest IMDI-format xml metada can have SayMore create packages for their project and each session.
- SIL members can use SayMore to quickly submit a package of all the relevant files and metadata too SIL's "RAMP" archive-submission application.
New Features in Version 3
Project-level Metadata & files
IMDI Archiving, through ARBIL or other programs
New person and session fields.
New "Contributions" Tab for each person, showing all the sessions they've been a part of, and what they did.
The Manual Segmenter Dialog now has a play button on individual segments, and a zoom control.
New Features in Version 2
- Convert Audio and Video formats to archiving standards
- Careful Speech recording (BOLD)
- Oral Translation recording (BOLD)
- Written transcription tool
- Export to FLEx interlinear
- Export subtitles
- Export Toolbox
- Export to spreadsheet
- Annotations use same file format as ELAN.
- Simple Recording tool for new recordings, without leaving SayMore
See a full list of screenshots at the SayMore website.
|Support||free, forum or wiki|
|Interface language(s)||English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, French, Chinese, Turkish|
|Developed by||Tom Bogle, John Hatton, Phil Hopper, et. al.|
|User group||SayMore User List|