Customarily we think of reading Scripture. How can the 60% of the world who are non-readers read Scripture in their language? If the Scripture is consultant checked, and in electronic form, and has a consistent quote system; Dramatizer can help. Dramatizer can help prepare the scripts for audio dramatized Scripture with multiple voices.
Dramatizer will automatically mark who the speaker is for 95% of the parts spoken in the Bible. (My wife, Barbe, spent over a year identifying who the first level speaker is in the whole Bible—except for Psalms and Proverbs.) Then the translator (or person who knows the language) merely needs to choose amongst the possible speakers for parts that have more than one speaker per verse (or verses where new characters are introduced because of indirect to direct speech.) Dramatizer can prepare for recording the whole Bible or any portion of the Bible. Dramatizer will produce the scripts that the director, recordist, and each voice talent needs and also the master script for making an audio dramatized Bible (or Scripture portion.)
After the scripts are created, Dramatizer helps with the recording process using your recording program. Dramatizer helps organize the hundreds or thousands of wave files created. The interface can be localized. English, French, and Portuguese are currently available.
Then the audio, dramatized, multi-voice recorded Scripture can be placed onto MegaVoice, CDs, MP3 players, or played on the radio. Dramatizer is available for free.
- Dramatizer produces a series of scripts that will be helpful to the director and recordist in making an audio dramatized version of a portion of the Bible.
- Dramatizer produces a master script for human use and also a master script for the computer to use.
- Dramatizer produces a script for each speaker (voice talent) with just his/her clips.
- Dramatizer links to Cool Edit or Audacity or Audition or your audio recording program with the proper wave file to record for a particular clip.
- Recordings can be done in sequence or out of sequence (by speaker number) or a combination of these.
- Dramatizer helps organize the hundreds or thousands of wave files created.
- The interface can be localized. French and Portuguese are currently available.
SIM International recorded the whole Bible using Dramatizer. They plan on placing 100,000 Mp3 players in the hands of Paraguayans with the whole Bible on it. Dedicated battery powered player now costs $12 with Scripture installed. $3 of that is duty.
110 page manual available to download also.