You are here
Quizlet is a website that lets you create flashcard type quizzes, and then quizzes you on them. It maintains statistics on what you've answered correctly, and can test you in a variety of ways, such as how many can you get correct in a fixed time,
Requires creating an account, you can create a profile on the site, or use a Google or Facebook account to authenticate.
A basic account is free, letting you create text based quizzes. The site accepts Unicode input. A $15 per year subscription (Quizlet Plus) lets you record audio and upload pictures, a $25 subscription (Quizlet Teacher) allows audio and pictures, lets you create quizzes for your students, and see how they do on them. Subscribing also hides the ads on the site.
FieldWorks consists of software tools that help you manage linguistic and cultural data. FieldWorks supports tasks ranging from the initial entry of collected data through to the preparation of data for publication, including:
- dictionary development
- interlinearization of texts
- cultural records
- bulk editing of many fields
- morphological analysis
The PrimerPrep program is designed to help you:
- analyze texts in a language to discover the words and letters used in the language, and how frequently they occur
- specify what to analyze, by selecting which words to analyze, how to count them, and how to break them apart (with affixes)
- provide a suggested teaching order, i.e. the order in which these letters might be introduced in a primer, and show you what words from your texts are available in each lesson
- modify the order of letters in the ...
This add-on inserts linguistic examples into LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice documents. It reads XML files from FieldWorks and Toolbox.
Other features include:
- Data Conversion using SIL Converters.
- Manage the list of grammatical abbreviations in a document.
- Practice learning different scripts by typing.