This program keeps track of phonetic data either typed directly in or drawn from one or more data sources (Toolbox, Fieldworks Language Explorer, Speech Analyzer files with transcriptions). If sound files are included in the source data, the user can listen to them directly in Phonology Assistant. PA has many analytical features, such as
This program allows the user to perform various kinds phonetic studies (e.g., spectral, pitch, or formant analysis; segmenting and labeling of a sound file; speech synthesis; perform listening experiments; perform statistical analyses, etc.). For more detailed information, please visit the website.
Speech Analyzer is a computer program for acoustic analysis of speech sounds. You can use it to do the following tasks:
- Perform fundamental frequency, spectrographic and spectral analysis, and duration measurements.
- Add phonemic, orthographic, tone, and gloss transcriptions to phonetic transcriptions in an interlinear format.
- Perform ethnomusicological analysis of music recordings.
- Use slowed playback, repeat loops and overlays to assist with perception and mimicry of sounds for language learning.
SFM2Web is a Python3 program that converts materials encoded using SIL's Standard Format Marker format (see a very brief description here) into web pages. The program can convert a lexicon, interlinear texts, Bible books, a multilanguage phrasebook, and language lessons, etc. into xHTML pages with formatting determined by cascading stylesheets (CSS).
These web pages may then be copied to a web server for publication to the Internet or to an intranet. But these aren't the only uses...
XLingPaper is a way to author and archive linguistic papers or books using XML. Many of us prefer writing XLingPaper files with the XMLmind XML Editor. It makes writing XML much easier than other XML-oriented editors we've used.
This project contains not only the XLingPaper files, but also the configuration files for using XLingPaper with the XMLmind XML Editor.See hhttp://software.sil.org/xlingpaper/ for more information.
The listed interface languages are for the...
This add-on inserts linguistic examples into LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice Writer documents. It reads XML files from Phonology Assistant, Toolbox, and FieldWorks.
Other features include:
- Data Conversion using SIL Converters.
- Manage the list of grammatical abbreviations in a document.
- Practice learning different scripts by typing.
Lexique Pro provides a rich browsing experience for lexicons store in an SFM format such as MDF. No import is required (though there is some initial configuration). It also supports the new XML standard, LIFT (Lexicon Interchange FormaT). Lexique provides three kinds of output for distributing your dictionary: print, interactive CD, and website. See www.lexiquepro.com !
The Phonology Template Editor and Search Tool was developed to assist with the phonological analysis of a Bantu language. The program:
- generates a phonology report;
- carries out various types of searches of phonetic data;
- serves as an interactive environment for writing and editing a phonology paper;
- generates an electronic publishable report (HTML formatted) from a generated phonology report;
- interfaces with Speech Analyzer;
- allows creation of user-defined...
Recording speakers of the world’s languages is fun and rewarding, but keeping all the resulting files and meta data organized? SayMore makes that part fun, too.
A unification-based syntactic parser available individually, but more commonly distributed as part of PC-PARSE.
For more information, use this contact.