A program for checking and cleaning up a Toolbox lexicon. You can use SOLID to help prepare it for importing into FieldWorks or WeSay, or just verify the consistency of your data.
- Validate an SFM lexicon file against a known standard such as MDF. (MDF is recommended, as various tools recognize these fields and have good defaults for handling them.)
- Document the structure of the data file by specifying the hierarchical relationship between fields.
- Document the writing system of fields in the data file.
- Document and validate the encoding (either unicode or legacy) of data in the file.
- Generates a small navigable report so you can browse the records which may have a particular issue.
- Provides a count of the number of times a field occurs in the data file.
- Experimental: export to LIFT xml (readable by WeSay, FieldWorks, Lexique Pro)
Who Should Use Solid?
If you, or someone you know, has a Standard Format Lexicon, you can use Solid to find structural issues with the data. Use Solid when preparing your data for publication, or when you want to start using other tools to maintain your lexicon, such as WeSay or FieldWorks Language Explorer.
After making an SFM file consistent, it's much faster and cleaner to import it into FLEx.
|License||Academic Free License|
|User group||Data Conversion Discussion|