You are here
The Wordcorr Idea. Wordcorr is a tool for comparing speech varieties. It can handle a large number of matching word lists -- how many depends on your operating system, screen size, and font choices. It makes the full International Phonetic Alphabet available to you, as well as other notations.
Once the raw data are organized, Wordcorr
FieldWorks consists of software tools that help you manage linguistic and cultural data. FieldWorks supports tasks ranging from the initial entry of collected data through to the preparation of data for publication, including:
- dictionary development
- interlinearization of texts
- cultural records
- bulk editing of many fields
- morphological analysis
Speech Analyzer is a computer program for acoustic analysis of speech sounds. You can use it to do the following tasks:
- Perform fundamental frequency, spectrographic and spectral analysis, and duration measurements.
- Add phonemic, orthographic, tone, and gloss transcriptions to phonetic transcriptions in an interlinear format.
- Perform ethnomusicological analysis of music recordings.
- Use slowed playback, repeat loops and overlays to assist with perception and mimicry of sounds for language learning.