You are here
Bibledit is a multi-platform Bible editor, providing tools to the Bible translator.
- Native USFM text editor, several texts can be opened at once
- Project notes editor
- Chapter and book outline view
- Resizeable and moveable windows
- Easy application of styles
- Styles editor
- Selection and display of project notes by various parameters
- Online help
- Backup and restore
- Import and export
- Resources display
- Spelling check ...
Outdated: SIL says Translation Editor is now minimally supported. Use Paratext instead.
Translation Editor helps Bible translators edit and check Biblical text in a vernacular language.
In Translation Editor, members of a translation team can do any of the following:
- Edit Scripture text in almost any language of the world for which there are Unicode-based fonts, keyboards, and writing systems.
- Produce back translations for checking.
- Review drafts and insert notes.
- Use anthropological and lexical data in ...
Paratext is a tool designed to help produce quality translations from the point of view of both format and content. It is the primary tool of Bible Translators worldwide.
What is Render?
Render is an oral Bible translation software developed and tested by three partnering agencies: Seed Company, Pioneer Bible Translators and Faith Comes By Hearing.
Translating with Render
Render is a software that guides oral communicators in producing oral Scripture for their own language group. One or more (up to four) audio recordings are pre-loaded into Render to act as references for a new translation. A translator or translation team listens to the source languages, translates orally into the target language and records the new translation...