You are here
Keyman Desktop is a multilingual virtual keyboard application. It enables a user to type in any of over 600 languages in Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, and Linux. Designed with the user in mind, it is the market-leading keyboard mapping solution. Well-supported across many operating systems, it brings a simple solution to the complexity of typing in a range of languages and scripts that are either unsupported or only partly supported by the operating system.
Learning to read takes books. Learning to read well, and developing a love of reading, takes lots of books. Books at all different skill levels. But how are low-literacy language communities ever to get all those books in their language? They can do it with Bloom.
Bloom uses collections of "shell books" that come with multiple source languages. Read the ones you understand, type in a translation in your language, and you're done!
The PrimerPrep program is designed to help you:
- analyze texts in a language to discover the words and letters used in the language, and how frequently they occur
- specify what to analyze, by selecting which words to analyze, how to count them, and how to break them apart (with affixes)
- provide a suggested teaching order, i.e. the order in which these letters might be introduced in a primer, and show you what words from your texts are available in each lesson
- modify the order of letters in the ...
A tool for publishing MP3 files on SD cards.
Why use Pub2SDwizard?
Just copying your MP3 files on to an SD card is easy enough, but:
What order do you wish them to play in?
- Since different devices and applications will sort them in different ways, how do you force them to play in the order you desire? - While a simple radio can play files from SD cards or USB sticks, the files will probably be sorted and played solely on their filenames. But mobile phones may sort the files on their creation or last modified date or other embedded metadata
PDF Booklet opens a PDF file and creates a new one that can be printed as a booklet. It has many functions for manipulating the pages of a PDF file. PDF Booklet can scale the pages so that they can be printed on a different page size. You can adjust the margins, add blank pages and print multiple booklets in one run.
If you wish to create an A5 booklet that is printed on A4 paper and folded PDF Booklet can arrange the pages so that they are printed with the last and first page on the same sheet. It's simple then to fold and staple to produce a booklet. However if you have a book...
This add-on inserts linguistic examples into LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice documents. It reads XML files from FieldWorks and Toolbox.
Other features include:
- Data Conversion using SIL Converters.
- Manage the list of grammatical abbreviations in a document.
- Practice learning different scripts by typing.
This utility is available either as a download for Windows (that integrates languages into the Windows language bar), or as a plugin for the Chrome browser. Permits typing in a variety of scripts, both Roman and non-Roman, and includes a visual keyboard and a predictive text toolbar, where it suggests words based on keys you have pressed. By my count, it looks like over 70 languages are supported, including Korean, Japanese, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Hindi, Punjabi, Malayalam, Arabic, Persia and others (this is not a complete list of all the non-Roman scripts).
Paratext is a tool designed to help produce quality translations from the point of view of both format and content. It is the primary tool of Bible Translators worldwide.
FieldWorks consists of software tools that help you manage linguistic and cultural data. FieldWorks supports tasks ranging from the initial entry of collected data through to the preparation of data for publication, including:
- dictionary development
- interlinearization of texts
- cultural records
- bulk editing of many fields
- morphological analysis