You are here
FLEx (FieldWorks Language Explorer)
FieldWorks Language Explorer (FLEx) is the lexical and text tools component of SIL FieldWorks. It is an open source desktop application designed to help field linguists perform many common tasks. It can help you:
- record and manage lexical information
- configure and export dictionaries (we recommend Pathway)
- interlinearize texts
- analyse discourse features
- study morphology
- collect and organize cultural and other notes
- send/receive which supports remote collaboration.
To see many of the features of FLEx before you download and install it, view the demo movies.