You are here
Asheninka (a Syllable Parser) is a tool to explore using several different algorithms for parsing orthographic words into syllables. It can also insert discretionary hyphens in words. It is designed to work with any language whose orthography is roman-based.
Reading App Builder helps you build customized apps for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. You can use it to make apps containing picture books, health and community development materials, song books, illustrated stories and libraries of easy-to-read books for new readers – each with the option of synchronizing text and audio, highlighting each phrase as it is read. The app menus, icon, splash screen and colors can all be customized for your language and culture.
All the content can be packaged into the app, so app users can have full access even without a live Internet...
LingTree is a tool to produce linguistic tree diagrams. The user keys in a description of the tree, processes that description, and LingTree shows what the tree looks like. The tree can be saved in PNG and/or SVG file formats so that it can be included in papers or web pages.
LingTree runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and Liinux operating systems.
Map Creator simplifies the creation of language-specific maps, charts, and diagrams for Bible lessons and world geography.
- 80 maps, charts, and diagrams for chronological Bible teaching and world geography
- Powerful editing features
- Create translatable maps, charts, diagrams, and timelines from your own images
- Runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and the most popular distributions of Linux
- User interface and predefined map content in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Indonesian
- Translate once: translations for ...
This add-on inserts linguistic examples into LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice documents. It reads XML files from FieldWorks and Toolbox.
Other features include:
- Data Conversion using SIL Converters.
- Manage the list of grammatical abbreviations in a document.
- Practice learning different scripts by typing.
LinguaLinks is a library of electronic resources (149 books and 223 journal issues) covering many topics in linguistics, sociolinguistics, literacy, language and culture learning, and translation. It has an extensive glossary and subject index
This is the same content as in the original LinguaLinks library, now made available on the Logos platform.
Outdated: SIL says Translation Editor is now minimally supported. Use Paratext instead.
Translation Editor helps Bible translators edit and check Biblical text in a vernacular language.
In Translation Editor, members of a translation team can do any of the following:
- Edit Scripture text in almost any language of the world for which there are Unicode-based fonts, keyboards, and writing systems.
- Produce back translations for checking.
- Review drafts and insert notes.
- Use anthropological and lexical data in ...
Parser and Writer for Syntax
The Parser And Writer for Syntax Starter Kit is affectionately also called PAWS.
As the name of the starter kit indicates, the Parser and Writer for Syntax (PAWS) has two purposes and four outputs:
- The Writer produces a rough draft of a grammar of the syntax of your language, based on the answers to the questions in each section of PAWS. This output file is in XLingPaper xml format. (See https://software.sil.org/xlingpaper ...
An audio editor that runs on all major platforms. It is oriented more toward music than phonetics and has only limited analysis tools. However, it can do noise reduction and has some useful editing tools, including the ability to modify individual samples and to change the amplitude envelope.
Quizlet is a website that lets you create flashcard type quizzes, and then quizzes you on them. It maintains statistics on what you've answered correctly, and can test you in a variety of ways, such as how many can you get correct in a fixed time,
Requires creating an account, you can create a profile on the site, or use a Google or Facebook account to authenticate.
A basic account is free, letting you create text based quizzes. The site accepts Unicode input. A $15 per year subscription (Quizlet Plus) lets you record audio and upload pictures, a $25 subscription (Quizlet Teacher) allows audio and pictures, lets you create quizzes for your students, and see how they do on them. Subscribing also hides the ads on the site.