You are here
FieldWorks consists of software tools that help you manage linguistic and cultural data. FieldWorks supports tasks ranging from the initial entry of collected data through to the preparation of data for publication, including:
- dictionary development
- interlinearization of texts
- cultural records
- bulk editing of many fields
- morphological analysis
Speech Analyzer is a computer program for acoustic analysis of speech sounds. You can use it to do the following tasks:
- Perform fundamental frequency, spectrographic and spectral analysis, and duration measurements.
- Add phonemic, orthographic, tone, and gloss transcriptions to phonetic transcriptions in an interlinear format.
- Perform ethnomusicological analysis of music recordings.
- Use slowed playback, repeat loops and overlays to assist with perception and mimicry of sounds for language learning.
This program is designed to help the user learn to recognize, transcribe, and produce the sounds of the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA).
In an attempt to provide a good language learning tool, the Language Learning department of SIL has been looking at Anki and various Addons to provide a good tool for learners:
Anki is a popular flashcard program. Their website says:
Anki is a program which makes remembering things easy. Because it's a lot more efficient than traditional study methods, you can either greatly decrease your time spent studying, or greatly increase the amount you learn.
Anyone who needs to remember things in their daily life can benefit from Anki. Since it is content-...