You are here
Speech Analyzer is a computer program for recording and acoustic analysis of speech sounds. You can use it to do the following tasks:
- Perform fundamental frequency, spectrographic and spectral analysis, and duration measurements.
- Add phonemic, orthographic, tone, and gloss transcriptions to phonetic transcriptions in an interlinear format.
- Perform ethnomusicological analysis of music recordings.
- Use slowed playback, repeat loops and overlays to assist with perception and mimicry of sounds for language learning.
A linguistics computer program designed to aid in the collection and analysis of word lists, assisting in the entry and maintenance of word lists and cognate decisions, the computation of lexicostatistic and phonostatistic measures of similarity, and the output of data and results in various formats.
An audio editor that runs on all major platforms. It is oriented more toward music than phonetics and has only limited analysis tools. However, it can do noise reduction and has some useful editing tools, including the ability to modify individual samples and to change the amplitude envelope.
FieldWorks consists of software tools that help you manage linguistic and cultural data. FieldWorks supports tasks ranging from the initial entry of collected data through to the preparation of data for publication, including:
- dictionary development
- interlinearization of texts
- cultural records
- bulk editing of many fields
- morphological analysis