You are here
Scripture App Builder is a tool for taking formatted text like USFM files from Paratext and making them into an Android app that will display the text on an Android phone or tablet. If audio files exist, they can be built into the app, so that as the audio plays, the corresponding words in the text are highlighted. If you use HearThis to record the audio for your Paratext project, incorporating the two together in an app is quite straightforward (HearThis automatically stores the timing information needed for the text-audio synchronization).
The resulting Android app can be copied...
Bible recording made easy.
HearThis greatly simplifies the task of making an audio version of a translation. With HearThis and Paratext you step through each verse or line of text and the speaker reads that portion. An external microphone is essential for a good quality audio recording.
Adapt It is a computer program that helps translate texts between related languages (a process called adaptation). Using Adapt It, translators have been able to dramatically reduce the total time spent in their translation projects.
A plug in for Paratext to aid in composing comprehension questions for testing a translation.
Dramatized Bible recording made easy.
Glyssen helps you to produce a high-quality dramatized audio recording of Scripture. It’s like having a production assistant, guiding you step by step. It quickly identifies all the direct speech in the text and the biblical character who speaks each part. Then it walks you through the process of selecting a cast and assigning roles to the voice actors. Finally, it prepares a complete set of scripts to use in the recording process. It gives you the option to accept default recommendations or customize settings to better fit your project...
FLExTrans is a transfer-based machine translation system similar to CARLA that uses Fieldworks Language Explorer (FLEx) as a core component. A source text starts out in the source language’s FLEx project and ends up after the translation process in the target language’s FLEx Project. The basic steps are as follows:
1.Analyze the text in the source FLEx project.
RegExPal is a utility that works alongside of Paratext to do powerful search and replace on scripture text.
- It lets you see your "find" go to work as you build it (it's dynamic).
- It let's you see problems with your expression while you are typing it letting you know by a blue highlighter when it is invalid or not yet complete (because more of the expression is required).
- When you do a replace you get to see a before and after view of the "replace" (one at a time) so you can see if it is working the way you want it to.
Map Creator simplifies the creation of language-specific maps, charts, and diagrams for Bible lessons and world geography.
- 80 maps, charts, and diagrams for chronological Bible teaching and world geography
- Powerful editing features
- Create translatable maps, charts, diagrams, and timelines from your own images
- Runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and the most popular distributions of Linux
- User interface and predefined map content in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Indonesian
- Translate once: translations for ...
SFM2Web is a Python3 program that converts materials encoded using SIL's Standard Format Marker format (see a very brief description here) into web pages. The program can convert a lexicon, interlinear texts, Bible books, a multilanguage phrasebook, and language lessons, etc. into xHTML pages with formatting determined by cascading stylesheets (CSS).
These web pages may then be copied to a web server for publication to the Internet or to an intranet. But these aren't the only uses for the web pages. They can also be viewed on a local computer to view and/or check one's own work. Or they can be sent to a dictionary
Glossinator provides a quick and easy way to look at the lexemes and the glosses that are entered in the Paratext interlinearizer. It functions as a companion to Paratext.