You are here
Paratext is a tool designed to help produce quality translations from the point of view of both format and content. It is the primary tool of Bible Translators worldwide.
FieldWorks consists of software tools that help you manage linguistic and cultural data. FieldWorks supports tasks ranging from the initial entry of collected data through to the preparation of data for publication, including:
- dictionary development
- interlinearization of texts
- cultural records
- bulk editing of many fields
- morphological analysis
Adapt It is a computer program that helps translate texts between related languages (a process called adaptation). Using Adapt It, translators have been able to dramatically reduce the total time spent in their translation projects.
Map Creator simplifies the creation of language-specific maps, charts, and diagrams for Bible lessons and world geography.
- 80 maps, charts, and diagrams for chronological Bible teaching and world geography
- Powerful editing features
- Create translatable maps, charts, diagrams, and timelines from your own images
- Runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and the most popular distributions of Linux
- User interface and predefined map content in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Indonesian
- Translate once: translations for ...
Customarily we think of reading Scripture. How can the 60% of the world who are non-readers read Scripture in their language? If the Scripture is consultant checked, and in electronic form, and has a consistent quote system; Dramatizer can help. Dramatizer can help prepare the scripts for audio dramatized Scripture with multiple voices.
Dramatizer will automatically mark who the speaker is for 95% of the parts spoken in the Bible. (My wife, Barbe, spent over a year identifying who the first level speaker is in the whole Bible—except for Psalms and Proverbs.) Then the translator (or...
Outdated: SIL says Translation Editor is now minimally supported. Use Paratext instead.
Translation Editor helps Bible translators edit and check Biblical text in a vernacular language.
In Translation Editor, members of a translation team can do any of the following:
- Edit Scripture text in almost any language of the world for which there are Unicode-based fonts, keyboards, and writing systems.
- Produce back translations for checking.
- Review drafts and insert notes.
- Use anthropological and lexical data in ...