You are here
This utility is available either as a download for Windows (that integrates languages into the Windows language bar), or as a plugin for the Chrome browser. Permits typing in a variety of scripts, both Roman and non-Roman, and includes a visual keyboard and a predictive text toolbar, where it suggests words based on keys you have pressed. By my count, it looks like over 70 languages are supported, including Korean, Japanese, Chinese (simplified and traditional), Hindi, Punjabi, Malayalam, Arabic, Persia and others (this is not a complete list of all the non-Roman scripts).
The PrimerPrep program is designed to help you:
- analyze texts in a language to discover the words and letters used in the language, and how frequently they occur
- specify what to analyze, by selecting which words to analyze, how to count them, and how to break them apart (with affixes)
- provide a suggested teaching order, i.e. the order in which these letters might be introduced in a primer, and show you what words from your texts are available in each lesson
- modify the order of letters in the ...
An audio editor that runs on all major platforms. It is oriented more toward music than phonetics and has only limited analysis tools. However, it can do noise reduction and has some useful editing tools, including the ability to modify individual samples and to change the amplitude envelope.
Map Creator simplifies the creation of language-specific maps, charts, and diagrams for Bible lessons and world geography.
- 80 maps, charts, and diagrams for chronological Bible teaching and world geography
- Powerful editing features
- Create translatable maps, charts, diagrams, and timelines from your own images
- Runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and the most popular distributions of Linux
- User interface and predefined map content in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Indonesian
- Translate once: translations for ...
Quizlet is a website that lets you create flashcard type quizzes, and then quizzes you on them. It maintains statistics on what you've answered correctly, and can test you in a variety of ways, such as how many can you get correct in a fixed time,
Requires creating an account, you can create a profile on the site, or use a Google or Facebook account to authenticate.
A basic account is free, letting you create text based quizzes. The site accepts Unicode input. A $15 per year subscription (Quizlet Plus) lets you record audio and upload pictures, a $25 subscription (Quizlet Teacher) allows audio and pictures, lets you create quizzes for your students, and see how they do on them. Subscribing also hides the ads on the site.
A tool for publishing MP3 files on SD cards.
Why use Pub2SDwizard?
Just copying your MP3 files on to an SD card is easy enough, but:
What order do you wish them to play in?
- Since different devices and applications will sort them in different ways, how do you force them to play in the order you desire? - While a simple radio can play files from SD cards or USB sticks, the files will probably be sorted and played solely on their filenames. But mobile phones may sort the files on their creation or last modified date or other embedded metadata
The purpose of PrimerPro is to assist the literacy worker in the development of primers for a given language. The application performs these functions (and more):
It can suggest a teaching order of the graphemes based upon a word list or text data, using an algorithm which calculates their productivity.
It supports alphabets that contains consonants, vowels, tones and/or syllographs.
It can give a list of words containing any given grapheme from the word list or text data.
It can track "graphemes taught" ongoingly.
PDF Booklet opens a PDF file and creates a new one that can be printed as a booklet. It has many functions for manipulating the pages of a PDF file. PDF Booklet can scale the pages so that they can be printed on a different page size. You can adjust the margins, add blank pages and print multiple booklets in one run.
If you wish to create an A5 booklet that is printed on A4 paper and folded PDF Booklet can arrange the pages so that they are printed with the last and first page on the same sheet. It's simple then to fold and staple to produce a booklet. However if you have a book...
Paratext is a tool designed to help produce quality translations from the point of view of both format and content. It is the primary tool of Bible Translators worldwide.
LinguaLinks is a library of electronic resources (149 books and 223 journal issues) covering many topics in linguistics, sociolinguistics, literacy, language and culture learning, and translation. It has an extensive glossary and subject index
This is the same content as in the original LinguaLinks library, now made available on the Logos platform.