You are here
Keyman Desktop is a multilingual virtual keyboard application. It enables a user to type in any of over 600 languages in Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, and Linux. Designed with the user in mind, it is the market-leading keyboard mapping solution. Well-supported across many operating systems, it brings a simple solution to the complexity of typing in a range of languages and scripts that are either unsupported or only partly supported by the operating system.
XLingPaper is a way to author and archive linguistic papers or books using XML. Many of us prefer writing XLingPaper files with the XMLmind XML Editor. It makes writing XML much easier than other XML-oriented editors we've used.
This project contains not only the XLingPaper files, but also the configuration files for using XLingPaper with the XMLmind XML Editor.
The listed interface languages are for the XMLmind XML Editor. The XLingPaper-specific dialogs and prompts...
Lexique Pro provides a rich browsing experience for lexicons store in an SFM format such as MDF. No import is required (though there is some initial configuration). It also supports the new XML standard, LIFT (Lexicon Interchange FormaT). Lexique provides three kinds of output for distributing your dictionary: print, interactive CD, and website. See www.lexiquepro.com !
Adapt It is a computer program that helps translate texts between related languages (a process called adaptation). Using Adapt It, translators have been able to dramatically reduce the total time spent in their translation projects.
Builds a customized app from dictionary data for Android tablets and smartphones. You can take a lexicon or dictionary from FLEx or WESay or Lexique Pro, and build it into an app. The app contains all the data, it does not require internet access to work.
The app can contain pictures and audio links, and can permit searching and browsing for words.
Apps produced by Dictionary App Builder can be distributed via BlueTooth or microSD cards, or uploaded to an app store.
Map Creator simplifies the creation of language-specific maps, charts, and diagrams for Bible lessons and world geography.
- 80 maps, charts, and diagrams for chronological Bible teaching and world geography
- Powerful editing features
- Create translatable maps, charts, diagrams, and timelines from your own images
- Runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and the most popular distributions of Linux
- User interface and predefined map content in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Indonesian
- Translate once: translations ...
A tool for publishing MP3 files on SD cards.
Why use Pub2SDwizard?
Just copying your MP3 files on to an SD card is easy enough, but:
What order do you wish them to play in?
- Since different devices and applications will sort them in different ways, how do you force them to play in the order you desire? - While a simple radio can play files from SD cards or USB sticks, the files will probably be sorted and played solely on their filenames. But mobile phones may sort the files on their creation or last modified date or other embedded
Customarily we think of reading Scripture. How can the 60% of the world who are non-readers read Scripture in their language? If the Scripture is consultant checked, and in electronic form, and has a consistent quote system; Dramatizer can help. Dramatizer can help prepare the scripts for audio dramatized Scripture with multiple voices.
Dramatizer will automatically mark who the speaker is for 95% of the parts spoken in the Bible. (My wife, Barbe, spent over a year identifying who the first level speaker is in the whole Bible—except for Psalms and Proverbs.) Then the translator (or...
Outdated: SIL says Translation Editor is now minimally supported. Use Paratext instead.
Translation Editor helps Bible translators edit and check Biblical text in a vernacular language.
In Translation Editor, members of a translation team can do any of the following:
- Edit Scripture text in almost any language of the world for which there are Unicode-based fonts, keyboards, and writing systems.
- Produce back translations for checking.
- Review drafts and insert notes.
- Use anthropological and lexical data in ...
An audio editor that runs on all major platforms. It is oriented more toward music than phonetics and has only limited analysis tools. However, it can do noise reduction and has some useful editing tools, including the ability to modify individual samples and to change the amplitude envelope.