You are here
An audio editor that runs on all major platforms. It is oriented more toward music than phonetics and has only limited analysis tools. However, it can do noise reduction and has some useful editing tools, including the ability to modify individual samples and to change the amplitude envelope.
Paratext is a tool designed to help produce quality translations from the point of view of both format and content. It is the primary tool of Bible Translators worldwide.
FieldWorks consists of software tools that help you manage linguistic and cultural data. FieldWorks supports tasks ranging from the initial entry of collected data through to the preparation of data for publication, including:
- dictionary development
- interlinearization of texts
- cultural records
- bulk editing of many fields
- morphological analysis
Keyman Desktop is a multilingual virtual keyboard application. It enables a user to type in any of over 600 languages in Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS, and Linux. Designed with the user in mind, it is the market-leading keyboard mapping solution. Well-supported across many operating systems, it brings a simple solution to the complexity of typing in a range of languages and scripts that are either unsupported or only partly supported by the operating system.
XLingPaper is a way to author and archive linguistic papers or books using XML. Many of us prefer writing XLingPaper files with the XMLmind XML Editor. It makes writing XML much easier than other XML-oriented editors we've used.
This project contains not only the XLingPaper files, but also the configuration files for using XLingPaper with the XMLmind XML Editor.
The listed interface languages are for the XMLmind XML Editor. The XLingPaper-specific dialogs and prompts...
Lexique Pro provides a rich browsing experience for lexicons store in an SFM format such as MDF. No import is required (though there is some initial configuration). It also supports the new XML standard, LIFT (Lexicon Interchange FormaT). Lexique provides three kinds of output for distributing your dictionary: print, interactive CD, and website. See www.lexiquepro.com !
Adapt It is a computer program that helps translate texts between related languages (a process called adaptation). Using Adapt It, translators have been able to dramatically reduce the total time spent in their translation projects.
Builds a customized app from dictionary data for Android tablets and smartphones. You can take a lexicon or dictionary from FLEx or WESay or Lexique Pro, and build it into an app. The app contains all the data, it does not require internet access to work.
The app can contain pictures and audio links, and can permit searching and browsing for words.
Apps produced by Dictionary App Builder can be distributed via BlueTooth or microSD cards, or uploaded to an app store.
Map Creator simplifies the creation of language-specific maps, charts, and diagrams for Bible lessons and world geography.
- 80 maps, charts, and diagrams for chronological Bible teaching and world geography
- Powerful editing features
- Create translatable maps, charts, diagrams, and timelines from your own images
- Runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and the most popular distributions of Linux
- User interface and predefined map content in English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Indonesian
- Translate once: translations for ...
A tool for publishing MP3 files on SD cards.
Why use Pub2SDwizard?
Just copying your MP3 files on to an SD card is easy enough, but:
What order do you wish them to play in?
- Since different devices and applications will sort them in different ways, how do you force them to play in the order you desire? - While a simple radio can play files from SD cards or USB sticks, the files will probably be sorted and played solely on their filenames. But mobile phones may sort the files on their creation or last modified date or other embedded metadata