You are here
A tool for publishing MP3 files on SD cards.
Why use Pub2SDwizard?
Just copying your MP3 files on to an SD card is easy enough, but:
What order do you wish them to play in?
- Since different devices and applications will sort them in different ways, how do you force them to play in the order you desire? - While a simple radio can play files from SD cards or USB sticks, the files will probably be sorted and played solely on their filenames. But mobile phones may sort the files on their creation or last modified date or other embedded metadata
RegExPal is a utility that works alongside of Paratext to do powerful search and replace on scripture text.
- It lets you see your "find" go to work as you build it (it's dynamic).
- It let's you see problems with your expression while you are typing it letting you know by a blue highlighter when it is invalid or not yet complete (because more of the expression is required).
- When you do a replace you get to see a before and after view of the "replace" (one at a time) so you can see if it is working the way you want it to.
This add-on inserts linguistic examples into LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice documents. It reads XML files from FieldWorks and Toolbox.
Other features include:
- Data Conversion using SIL Converters.
- Manage the list of grammatical abbreviations in a document.
- Practice learning different scripts by typing.
Dekereke is a phonology search and data management tool.
An audio editor that runs on all major platforms. It is oriented more toward music than phonetics and has only limited analysis tools. However, it can do noise reduction and has some useful editing tools, including the ability to modify individual samples and to change the amplitude envelope.
Sheet Swiper converts spreadsheets containing linguistic data to Standard Format (for use with Linguist's Toolbox, Phonology Assistant, Lexique Pro, etc.). The rules for how to do the conversion come from the first rows of the spreadsheet itself, so subsequent, repeated conversions are easy for non-computer savvy users to do.
Given this input from Excel:
The "review" tab shows this:
A program for checking and cleaning up a Toolbox lexicon. You can use SOLID to help prepare it for importing into FieldWorks or WeSay, or just verify the consistency of your data.
FieldWorks consists of software tools that help you manage linguistic and cultural data. FieldWorks supports tasks ranging from the initial entry of collected data through to the preparation of data for publication, including:
- dictionary development
- interlinearization of texts
- cultural records
- bulk editing of many fields
- morphological analysis
Toolbox is a data management and analysis tool for field linguists. It is primarily aimed at editing lexical data, and for parsing and interlinearizing text, but it can be used to manage virtually any kind of data.
If you have experience with the Field Linguist's Shoebox, you can think of Toolbox as an enhanced version of Shoebox with a new name. It is fully compatible with Shoebox. You can install Toolbox and use it just as you used Shoebox, with virtually no difference. Because Toolbox is an enhanced version of Shoebox, it is sometimes referred to as Shoebox/Toolbox.