You are here
Recording speakers of the world’s languages is fun and rewarding, but keeping all the resulting files and meta data organized? SayMore makes that part fun, too.
Simple Bible Reader / Converter is aimed to be simple, yet a powerful reader and converter to support and convert from/to all available bible formats. The software is developed with portability and fast loading in mind, and it doesn't have any dependencies on the user's system. Its goal is to bridge the gap between multiple Bible applications, so that a user can choose their favorite Bible software and import / export translations to be in any supported Bible format.
Glossinator provides a quick and easy way to look at the lexemes and the glosses that are entered in the Paratext interlinearizer. It functions as a companion to Paratext.
A tool for publishing MP3 files on SD cards.
Why use Pub2SDwizard?
Just copying your MP3 files on to an SD card is easy enough, but:
What order do you wish them to play in?
- Since different devices and applications will sort them in different ways, how do you force them to play in the order you desire? - While a simple radio can play files from SD cards or USB sticks, the files will probably be sorted and played solely on their filenames. But mobile phones may sort the files on their creation or last modified date or other embedded metadata
RegExPal is a utility that works alongside of Paratext to do powerful search and replace on scripture text.
- It lets you see your "find" go to work as you build it (it's dynamic).
- It let's you see problems with your expression while you are typing it letting you know by a blue highlighter when it is invalid or not yet complete (because more of the expression is required).
- When you do a replace you get to see a before and after view of the "replace" (one at a time) so you can see if it is working the way you want it to.
This add-on inserts linguistic examples into LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice documents. It reads XML files from FieldWorks and Toolbox.
Other features include:
- Data Conversion using SIL Converters.
- Manage the list of grammatical abbreviations in a document.
- Practice learning different scripts by typing.
Dekereke is a phonology search and data management tool.
An audio editor that runs on all major platforms. It is oriented more toward music than phonetics and has only limited analysis tools. However, it can do noise reduction and has some useful editing tools, including the ability to modify individual samples and to change the amplitude envelope.
Sheet Swiper converts spreadsheets containing linguistic data to Standard Format (for use with Linguist's Toolbox, Phonology Assistant, Lexique Pro, etc.). The rules for how to do the conversion come from the first rows of the spreadsheet itself, so subsequent, repeated conversions are easy for non-computer savvy users to do.
Given this input from Excel:
The "review" tab shows this: