You are here
The PrimerPrep program is designed to help you:
- analyze texts in a language to discover the words and letters used in the language, and how frequently they occur
- specify what to analyze, by selecting which words to analyze, how to count them, and how to break them apart (with affixes)
- provide a suggested teaching order, i.e. the order in which these letters might be introduced in a primer, and show you what words from your texts are available in each lesson
- modify the order of letters in the ...
What is Render?
Render is an oral Bible translation software developed and tested by three partnering agencies: Seed Company, Pioneer Bible Translators and Faith Comes By Hearing.
Translating with Render
Render is a software that guides oral communicators in producing oral Scripture for their own language group. One or more (up to four) audio recordings are pre-loaded into Render to act as references for a new translation. A translator or translation team listens to the source languages, translates orally into the target language and records the new translation...
A tool for publishing MP3 files on SD cards.
Why use Pub2SDwizard?
Just copying your MP3 files on to an SD card is easy enough, but:
What order do you wish them to play in?
- Since different devices and applications will sort them in different ways, how do you force them to play in the order you desire? - While a simple radio can play files from SD cards or USB sticks, the files will probably be sorted and played solely on their filenames. But mobile phones may sort the files on their creation or last modified date or other embedded
A tool for publishing dictionaries (bilingual or multilingual) on the web with a minimum amount of technical skill.
Webonary includes the ability to set up Google analytics to track how many people visit your dictionary.
If you work in Paratext and use the Project Interlinearizer to create a word for word back translation of your text, Paratext remembers that data, and how you parse words so that it can automatically supply the glosses as you go along. But where is all the data from your hard work? What if you want to use that data to start a dictionary in the language?
This app converts the internal Paratext lexicon file (lexicon.xml) to a SFM (Standard Format Marker) lexicon file. This is a simple utility to get the Paratext lexicon into a format that can be imported into...
Flashgrid is a plugin for Fieldworks which extracts lexemes and creates flashcards for use with ANKI. It was developed by the late Jonathan Coombs. This is very helpful for language learning.
SUMMARY: WorldPad is a text editor that can display text in complex scripts using Graphite. It is an SIL product and is distributed as part of FieldWorks.
DETAILS: WorldPad is a basic text editor whose main distinction is the ability to display text in complex scripts using Graphite, a programmable rendering engine particularly suited to complex minority scripts. WorldPad can also be used to work with text in simple "Roman" scripts. Some of WorldPad's text-editing features include multilingual text processing, named styles, right-to-left paragraph...
Search Everything is a great little utility for finding files on your computer. It only indexes the file's name. So the indexing is really quick and unnoticeable. I find it useful several times a day. Even if I know where a file is Search Everything will often get to it quicker than using Windows Explorer.
Download from https://www.voidtools.com/
Dekereke is a phonology search and data management tool.
Webonary gives language groups the ability to put their bilingual or multilingual dictionaries on the web with a minimum of technical help. Each dictionary is built around a search bar, which looks for a word throughout the dictionary, and returns the most relevant results to the top of the list.